Baby Buzz’s nursery has been a work in progress for the past few months, and with the days quickly passing before he or she arrives, we’ve finally completed all the finishing touches on it.
Finding the right look and feel for the nursery was always going to be a little tricky. It had to be gender neutral so we decided to do a feature wall, instead of painting the entire room.
We played around with the idea of tree and animal wall decals, but eventually opted to keep it simple and classic, with white clouds on a grey background.
We decided on white furniture, choosing to go second-hand for our Tasman Eco cot and change table.
Storage was another key factor of the room – we wanted a nice chest of drawers for show and another set to tuck in to the built-in wardrobe. Cue many frustrating trips to IKEA and wasted weekends tackling the epic battle that is assembling Swedish furniture.
The nursing chair was something I wanted to splash out on. I was after something that’s going to last a few years (for any future little Buzz’s) and would be easy to clean. I also wanted padded arm rests, good back and neck support, and somewhere to put my feet up.
I think we literally visited every single baby store in Brisbane before deciding on the Babyhood Vogue Glider Chair in ice grey at Bubs and Grubs. It glides, reclines, swivels and rocks and I can already tell many countless hours will be spent in it each day.
My other favourite features of Baby Buzz’s nursery include:
- The dimmer light – we got an electrician in to replace the fan and add a dimmer to the light switch. This means we can go into the nursery in the middle of the night without having to fumble around for a lamp or turn any immediately bright lights on.
- Baby’s book collection – Baby Buzz has been absolutely spoilt with books, with many beautiful friends and family opting for a book instead of a card at my baby shower. I shopped around for bookends but found them to be extremely expensive or tacky, so opted for plate holders from IKEA instead.
- Blockout curtains – all my mummy friends told me these were a must! We wanted to go simple and neutral so chose Lisbon blockout eyelet curtains in Pearl from Curtain Wonderland.
- Baby’s musical mobile – I fell in love with the Lolli Living Naturi Musical Mobile (made from 100% cotton knitted materials) as soon as I saw it and had to get it. I’m sure the nursery rhyme is going to drive us nuts down the track, but it was too cute to refuse!
It’s all in the details…here’s the what and where of Baby Buzz’s nursery:
- White Cloud decals – Etsy (LedroDesign)
- Tasman Eco Capri cot and change table – second-hand
- Babyhood Orthopaedic Innerspring Breathe Eze Cot Mattress – Bubs and Grubs
- Bubba Blue Essentials Sherpa Change Mat Cover Star (Grey) – Baby Bunting
- Boppy Nursing Pillow (Woodsie) – Bubs and Grubs
- Babyhood Vogue Glider Chair in Ice Grey – Bubs and Grubs
- Lolli Living Naturi Musical Mobile – Bubs Baby Shop
- Lolli Living Zig Zag Zoo Nappy Stacker – Lion – Baby Bunting
- OSTBIT plate holder, bamboo – IKEA
- HEMNES Chest of 3 drawers in white – IKEA
- BRIMNES Chest of 3 drawers, white, frosted glass – IKEA
- Tommee Tippee Sangenic Nappy Disposal System – ALDI
- Floor rug – Spotlight.
C Buzz x